More about Yan G....
What do you love about your job?
I love what a good photograph that evokes emotion can do to a person looking at it, or how a good food photograph can make the viewers taste buds work just by looking at a photo, and so much more.
It brings joy to me and others that I work with, and thats the important part!
What types of shoots have you done and how did you make them special?
In my over 10 years of life as a photographer, I have done fashion and portraiture shoots for catalogs, magazines, and commercial use, photojournalism for different media outlets, street, documentary, and nude art photography for personal projects, and many others.
Each photographer has their own kind of style and expression, what makes us individually special is the way we see the world, and other people and how we express that beauty through our photography.
When I shoot a project, I love spending time with the client and trying to understand their goals and desires and what they are trying to communicate with their foods, baked goods, products, etc. so it will help me better craft the story-telling aspect of a photograph.
Awards, honors, and recognitions received
Awards & Achievements:
- Photography Award Winner - IAIGH (Documentary Photo, Jerusalem)
- Photography Award Winner - IAIGH (Wildlife Photo of Flying Flamingo)
- Note of Honor for Photgraphic Achievements from the Mayer Deputy (Ashdod, Israel)
- Head of Judging Panel at a National Israeli Photography Competition
- Honorable Mention Award - The Lucie Foundation 2012 Annual IPA
- DoCamera - Israeli National Documentary Photography Awards (Documentary Photo)
- Realities of life - Solo Exhibition PhotoLight Gallery Tel-Aviv (Jan 26-2012 to Feb 2-2012)
- Realities of life - Solo Exhibition Tel-Aviv University Humanity Science Library (Apr 4-2012 to Apr 30-2012)
- Realities of life & Harsh Life- Solo Exhibition Misgad School (June 2012)
- Realities of life - Solo Exhibition Tel-Aviv University (October 2012)
- Street Life - DoCamera Joint Documentary Exhibition (2013)
- Colors - Joint International Exhibition "EXPOSURE" @ Artist Wanted Gallery New York (January 2014)
- Nude Art - Joint Exhibition DownEAST Lumiere Venue New York
A fun fact about this photographer
I used to be a surrealist painter who went through classic Fine Arts education for 4 years and hold an associates degree in manual graphic design.