More about Nipun N....
What do you love about your job?
Photography is essentially a visual documentation of my adventures of places, faces and experiences around the world. It is a way of story-telling. Every visual story I tell, makes me learn; Makes me learn about the world and learn about myself. The love of travel keeps me pushing for better visual content and the art of photography keeps me pushing to travel deeper; Which is what I love the most about my job.
What types of shoots have you done and how did you make them special?
I have done numerous travel shoots, corporate shoots and portraits, along with fine-art level imagery for exhibitions and print sales.
I like creating my own signature look in all my shoots. There is a particular visual aesthetic I try and achieve in all my images but at the same time keeping in mind the clients' requirements. For example, I did a shoot for a luxury Airbnb in Bali, Indonesia once. I did the shoot from my own unique perspective. I shot the images in a travel magazine style aesthetic rather than the typical real estate perspective which made the client extremely happy.
Awards, honors, and recognitions received
- Indian Delegate for International Photo Artist Talks in Karachi and Lahore, Pakistan. (2016)
- One of my Images is in Motifs Stretch, in the book "Why You Like This Photo: the Science of Perception and How We Understand Photographs" by Ilex Press, an imprint of Octopus Publishing Group (Due for publishing late 2018)
- 2 Solo Exhibitions at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi (2017 and 2018)
- 1 Solo Exhibition at Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai (2018)
- Image in Photoville group show in Brooklyn, New York (2017) and NYFA, NY (2015)
- Image in Dominican Republic Environmental Film Festival (DREFF) (2016)
A fun fact about this photographer
I am a HomeBrewer. Other than brewing my own beers, I am often found happily guilty of exploring some of the best craft breweries in the world.
I was also Captain of my University Badminton Team in New Delhi and played state level Badminton in my home state of Rajasthan back in India.